Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Zuchinni Bread


I asked a friend of mine today what I could do with the extra zuchinni in my refrigerator and she said her mom used to make zuchinni bread. It sounded horrible for my health just because of that word "bread." It became a challenge and even though it is still a few more calories than I'd like, here is a healthier alternative...

1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/3 cup water
2 cups grated zuchinni
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 cup walnutes (chopped)
3 1/4 cup all purpose flour (...if anyone can find an alternative to this I would love to hear it)
1 1/2 sea salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 cups splenda

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
Mix together all ingredients and stir well.
Add nuts and fold in.
Bake 2 loaf pans (make sure to spray pan)
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. My friend "T" said you can also substitute almond flour and honey for the Splenda! mmmm...

    ReplyDelete