Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Stuffed Peppers and Cream Potatoes


Tonight I wanted to have a "soulful" meal while still watching what I ate. I changed the original recipes I had to make them my own. I hope you enjoy:

Stuffed Peppers:
1 lb. turkey burger (butterball)
1 can diced tomatoes
8 oz. cream cheese (reduced fat/fat free)
1 cup sharp cheddar
4 peppers (I had 4 people coming over)
1 medium onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic

Cook and drain turkey burger. Add onions and garlic to saute.
Cut tops off of peppers. Make sure to make hollow and without seeds.
Add tomatoes and cream cheese until all mixes well together.
Make sure peppers are on a baking sheet.
Stuff peppers with mixture from stove.
Sprinkle sharp cheddar on top.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

Cream Potatoes:
7 white potatoes
2 cups almond milk (great alternative)
1 cup sharp cheddar
1/2 stick "I cant believe its not butter"
chives, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, (to taste)
parseley (to decorate on top when complete)

Cook potatoes. While cooking potatoes, mix all other ingredients in large bowl.
Add potatoes. Use mixer.
Sprinkle parseley on top when you are finished.

*Healthy tip: eat stuffed pepper as much as possible first so that you will not want as many of the yummy potatoes...and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment