Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Peggy's Taco Soup

A co-worker/friend of mine has been a big encourager of my eating healthier at school (where I work). This is a very important part of staying healthy. If you don't have the support, I have found that you can fall off the "bandwagon" easier. Peggy brought me a sample of this soup to work today and it was delicious.

Weight Watcher points: 4 (1 cup)

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef (she used venison...if not use something lean or turkey burger is just as good)
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomoatoes with sweet onions
1 can diced green chiles
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 pkg low sodium taco seasoning

Directions:
Brown meat and drain.
Add all ingredients together in crock pot and cook all day on low.
You may serve with cheese and tortilla chips. (I did not and it was just as good!!)

Thank you Peggy! Keep the healthy recipes coming!! Mmmm- great lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment